Erie Keystone Innovation Zone
The mission of KIZ is to help technology companies develop and launch their products by creating an environment to expedite access to resources and talent.
- Introduce a tech entrepreneur to the Commonwealth’s technology-based economic development community.
- Counsel companies in taking advantage of grants and tax credits.
- Utilize our Innovation Network of University, business and economic development champions to provide guidance and resource development.
- Provide networking opportunities for tech entrepreneurs.
- Facilitate University-based R&D relationships for product and market development.
- Work closely with the Erie Technology Incubator and other facilities that are hubs for innovation.
- Facilitate revenue development and cost saving strategies.
Since 2006, KIZ has assisted over 35 tech startups in the Erie region. These companies have received over $2mm in tax credits, created over 150 jobs, hosted 78 internships from local institutions, invested over $650,000 in R&D, and invested over $5mm into capital costs. KIZ has received seed funding to assist the launch of the following Industry/University collaborations: Advanced Materials Research Center, Applied Energy Research Center, Center for Communication & Information Systems, GIS Center of Excellence, Keystone Software Development Institute, Medical Plastics Research Center, Strategic Intelligence Analysis for KIZ companies.Interested in applying? Fill out the form below and submit it today!